Parties filled with hands-on cooking & fun

detail

What do Kids Learn while Cooking ?

detail
Why We Need Petits Chefs Academy Inc.
  • Children today have a shorter life expectancy than their parents for the first time in 100 years because of the epidemic of obesity. World Health Organization
  • 26% of Canadian children and youth are overweight or obese. Statistics Canada, 2005
  • The past 25 years have seen a considerable increase in the percentage of Canadian children and adolescents who are overweight or obese. The increase was particularly notable among 12 to 17 year olds, whose overweight/obesity rate more than doubled, and whose obesity rate tripled. Health Canada, 2008
  • American data show that children’s consumption of fast food has increased dramatically over the past two decades, and that large majority of children and adolescents do not have an adequate number of daily servings of fruit and vegetable. Statistics Canada, 2008
  • According to 2001 data, obese children are more likely than non-obese children to face health problems in the short term, including hypertension, glucose intolerance and orthopedic complications, as well as issues concerning social acceptance, body image and self-esteem. Even more serious health conditions await them as adults, since childhood obesity is associated with diabetes, heart disease and other problems. Statistics Canada, 2006
  • In 1978/79, 12% of 2 to 17 year olds were overweight, and 3% were obese – a combined overweight/obesity rate of 15%. By 2004, the overweight rate for this age group was 18% (an estimated 1.1 million), and 8% were obese (about half a million) – a combined rate of 26%. Ministry of Child and Youth, 2008
  • Canada is no exception to the trend of growing obesity among children in industrialized countries a problem primarily associated with poor eating habits and physical inactivity. Public Health Agency of Canada, 2006
  • The economic costs are also significant. Direct and indirect costs associated with obesity have been estimated at $4.3 billion in 2001. Public Health Agency of Canada, 2010
  • Like tobacco use, obesity substantially increases the risk of developing some of the most debilitating chronic diseases; obesity contributes to type 2 diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease. Obesity also affects physical health, and can impact a person’s mental health (e.g., poor self esteem). York Region Stats, 2010

Online Registration Coming SOON!


bottom sep

Click to watch our video!




bottom sep

faceFollow us on Twitter

bottom