10 reasons why you should take cooking classes with Petits Chefs Academy
Petits Chefs Academy is a cooking school specifically designed for kids and families. We offer cooking classes, birthday parties, camps, after school programs, school outreach programs, field trips, special events/workshops.
July 17, 2012
By: Denise K. Livotti PetitsChefsAcademy.com
- Learning to cook helps kids to learn about nutrition and healthy eating. They are growing up with fast food and junk food at their fingertips, which is part of the reason why child obesity is on the rise! Teaching kids to cook will help instill skills to last them a lifetime.
- Boost their self esteem. If your child needs a boost of self confidence, (and who doesn’t!) cooking in the kitchen will do just that. They are accomplishing a task, learning something important and contributing to the family.
- Create family time and bonding. Take time to cook with your kids and they will have memories that they, in turn, can pass on to their families. It may take a longer time to get the meal or snack done but the moments with your children will be priceless. (Just remember to have patience. Don’t worry about flour on the floor or spilled milk).
- Kids will be more apt to eat what they make. Perhaps, it is the enthusiasm of creating something themselves, but they will be more likely to eat whatever they had a hand in making.
- Kids learn real lessons in science, language, math and creativity. Cooking will help reinforce all these subjects!
- What a great way to learn life skills. This can be especially helpful when kids are on their own and won’t have to rely on fast food and junk food to sustain them.
- They can help contribute to the family and they can feel the importance of helping.
- They are working together as a team, whether it is with a parent or with a sibling to get the job done.
- Cooking teaches them planning and making choices.
- Practice creativity and imagination. Kids cooking activities are a great way to express themselves and enjoy their creations.
All of our cooking classes are kid tested, doable and fun. They just need:
- A dash of time
- A pinch of originality
- A cup full of enthusiasm
So put on an apron and let’s get started with Petits Chefs Academy cooking class.